Hot Works – Oxy-acetylene, abrasive wheel and welding safety awareness
Which job roles is this course for:
This course is for all technicians and all parts staff in a vehicle workshop,
About this course:
The use of Hot Works Equipment (such as welding, cutting, and grinding) present a number of hazards within vehicle repair workshops. Any employees that use this equipment must be adequately trained in the risks associated to its use.
This training looks at the safe use of hot works equipment for employees to help ensure that they are aware of the hazards and risks and what they can do to help reduce accidents in the workplace.
This e-learning module will cover:
- Oxy-Fuel Gas Equipment – This covers the use of Acetylene and Propane and what Pre-Use checks should be conducted by employees as well as the hazards associated with its use.
- Arc Welding – This gives an insight in to the hazards with using welding equipment and control measures that should be used.
- Abrasive Wheels – This looks at the safe use of abrasive wheels that should be followed by all employees that use the equipment.
- You will gain an understanding of what Pre-Use checks of Oxyfuel gas equipment you should conduct to help reduce incidents and accidents.
- You will learn what hazards are associated to the use of welding equipment including sparks & fumes and what you can do to control the risk.
- You will have an insight in to the safe use of abrasive wheels, including angle grinders and bench grinders.
At then end of this course you will be required to complete a multiple choice assessment based on the information provided and what you have learned.
You will need to pass the assessment within this course to ensure successful completion. The pass mark is 80%
You will have a maximum of 3 attempts to reach the required pass mark. You can revisit the course content if you need to before attempting the assessment again.
Once the assessment has been passed, you will be issued with a certificate.
The certificate will be issued by Inspire International UK Ltd, the UK’s leading health and safety management company focusing on vehicle workshop safety. The certificate will clearly show your name; your company name; name of course taken; pass percentage; expiry date and any applicable course accreditation marks.