First Aid Appointed Person
Which job roles is this course for:
This course is for employees that have been selected to be a First Aid Appointed Person.
About this course:
It is a minimum legal requirement under The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981, for a workplace to have someone who looks after First Aid – This is known as the First Aid Appointed Person. This is to ensure that there is at least one person available at all times to deal with accidents or injuries.
Each year there are over 600,000 non-fatal injuries at work in the UK which is why it is vital that there is someone available to help deal with these incidents.
This training course will provide employees with the knowledge needed to become a trained First Aid Appointed Person. It will cover your duties and responsibilities as a First Aid Appointed Person and explain what you will need to do in the event of an accident or injury in the workplace.
This e-learning module will cover:
- Role of an Appointed Person – This section looks at the duties and responsibilities of a First aid appointed person
- Health & Safety Regulations – This looks at the legal requirements under the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
- First Aid Kit & Accident Book – This covers the minimum requirements and contents of a first aid kit and how to complete accident records.
- Contacting the Emergency Services – This explains what should happen in an emergency and how to contact the emergency services
- You will understand your roles and responsibilities as a First Aid Appointed Person.
- You will gain an understanding of the legal requirements under The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
- Gain a better understanding of the contents of first aid kits and what checks are required.
- You will learn what information needs to go into an accident record and what information you need to provide to the emergency services.
At then end of this course you will be required to complete a multiple choice assessment based on the information provided and what you have learned.
You will need to pass the assessment within this course to ensure successful completion. The pass mark is 80%
You will have a maximum of 3 attempts to reach the required pass mark. You can revisit the course content if you need to before attempting the assessment again.
Once the assessment has been passed, you will be issued with a certificate.
The certificate will be issued by Inspire International UK Ltd, the UK’s leading health and safety management company focusing on vehicle workshop safety. The certificate will clearly show your name; your company name; name of course taken; pass percentage; expiry date and any applicable course accreditation marks.