Electrical Safety Awareness
Which job roles is this course for:
This course is for all technicians and all parts staff in a vehicle workshop,
About this course:
Each year there are roughly 30 fatalities and 1000 workplace injuries in the UK involving electricity accidents. This training helps employees understand why electrical safety is so important and explains what you can do to keep everyone safe when using electrical equipment. It gives an understanding of best practices for the safe use of electrical equipment.
This e-learning module will cover:
- Portable Electrical Equipment – This covers the hazards with using portable electrical equipment and the checks of equipment that need to be conducted.
- Electric Storage Batteries – This gives an insight in to the safe use of and charging of vehicle electrical storage batteries.
- You will gain an understanding of what Pre-Use checks and Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) are required for workshop equipment and how they should be conducted.
- You will learn what hazards are associated to the use of storage batteries, including damaged batteries, charging, and battery connecting & disconnecting.
- You will understand what control measures to put in place to protect you and others when using electrical equipment.
At then end of this course you will be required to complete a multiple choice assessment based on the information provided and what you have learned.
You will need to pass the assessment within this course to ensure successful completion. The pass mark is 80%
You will have a maximum of 3 attempts to reach the required pass mark. You can revisit the course content if you need to before attempting the assessment again.
Once the assessment has been passed, you will be issued with a certificate.
The certificate will be issued by Inspire International UK Ltd, the UK’s leading health and safety management company focusing on vehicle workshop safety. The certificate will clearly show your name; your company name; name of course taken; pass percentage; expiry date and any applicable course accreditation marks.