Introduction to vehicle workshop Health and Safety
Which job roles is this course for:
This course is for all job roles within a vehicle workshop,
About this course:
The Introduction to vehicle workshop Health and Safety will give all employees who work within vehicle workshops the knowledge they need to ensure they work safely around their vehicle workshops.
This course gives a good insight in to general Health and Safety at work and the importance of a good Health and Safety culture. It will help employees to understand legal requirements and responsibilities, recognise hazards and avoid risks they may encounter and understand how control measures work to reduce accidents and help to ensure a safer working environment.
This e-learning module will cover:
- Health and Safety Culture – This section looks at the importance of Health and Safety Culture and how to effect culture change.
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 – This covers Employers & Employees legal responsibilities.
- Role of the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) – Who are the HSE and what role they have in the workplace.
- Hazards and risks – Understanding what Hazards & Risks are.
- Hierarchy of controls – What we can do about Hazards & Risks and how to implement controls.
- Risk Assessments – Introduction to the 5-step Risk Assessment process.
- You will gain an understanding of Health & Safety Culture and why it is important in making your workplace safer.
- You will gain a better understanding of your legal responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- You will understand who the HSE are and how they can help.
- You will be able to identify Hazards as well as the Risks associated to them and how Control Measures can bring down the Risk.
At then end of this course you will be required to complete a multiple choice assessment based on the information provided and what you have learned.
You will need to pass the assessment within this course to ensure successful completion. The pass mark is 80%
You will have a maximum of 3 attempts to reach the required pass mark. You can revisit the course content if you need to before attempting the assessment again.
Once the assessment has been passed, you will be issued with a certificate.
The certificate will be issued by Inspire International UK Ltd, the UK’s leading health and safety management company focusing on vehicle workshop safety. The certificate will clearly show your name; your company name; name of course taken; pass percentage; expiry date and any applicable course accreditation marks.