Health surveillance – Noise, Respiratory & HAVS awareness
Which job roles is this course for:
This course is for all technicians and all parts staff in a vehicle workshop,
About this course:
Health surveillance allows for early identification of ill health and helps identify any corrective action needed. Health surveillance may be required by law if you are exposed to noise or vibration, solvents, fumes, dusts, biological agents, and other substances hazardous to health, or work in compressed air.
This training gives employees an insight into what health surveillance should consist of, noise exposure, welding and diesel fumes and hand arm vibration. It will give employees an understanding of control measures in the use and exposure to these areas to enable them to protect themselves against long term health issues.
This e-learning module will cover:
- Health Surveillance – This gives an insight in to the requirements of health surveillance and its purpose.
- Noise Exposure – This looks at what employees can do to reduce the risk associated noise exposure and different types of hearing protection available to them.
- Welding and diesel fumes – This section covers what employees should do if they are exposed to welding or diesel fumes and looks at the different types of respiratory protective equipment for different tasks.
- Hand Arm Vibration – This section covers the dangers of using handheld vibratory tools and how employees can control their exposure.
- You will gain an understanding of the importance of health surveillance to protect your long-term health.
- You will understand what precautions and control measures you should put in place to protect you and others when using equipment that exposes you to noise & vibration and welding & diesel fumes.
- You will gain an understanding of the points-based system for exposure to handheld vibratory equipment.
At then end of this course you will be required to complete a multiple choice assessment based on the information provided and what you have learned.
You will need to pass the assessment within this course to ensure successful completion. The pass mark is 80%
You will have a maximum of 3 attempts to reach the required pass mark. You can revisit the course content if you need to before attempting the assessment again.
Once the assessment has been passed, you will be issued with a certificate.
The certificate will be issued by Inspire International UK Ltd, the UK’s leading health and safety management company focusing on vehicle workshop safety. The certificate will clearly show your name; your company name; name of course taken; pass percentage; expiry date and any applicable course accreditation marks.