Which job roles is this course for:
This course is for employees that have been selected to be a Fire Warden.
About this course:
It is a legal requirement that one or more competent people are assigned to carry out the preventative and protective measures set out in The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
This training course will provide employees with the knowledge needed to become a trained Fire Warden. It will cover your duties as a Fire Warden, fire prevention measures, fire extinguishers and other important information to help you in your role as a Fire Marshal which is crucial for any workplace’s safety.
This e-learning module will cover:
- Fire Prevention – This section looks at the fire triangle, fire spread and the dangers of smoke.
- Fire Signs & Notices – This looks at the different types of Fire Signs and their meaning.
- Role and Duties of a Fire Warden – This section explains the proactive and reactive duties of a Fire Warden and explains what you should do in the event of a fire or a drill.
- Fire Extinguishers – This explains the different types of fire extinguisher and their uses.
- You will gain an understanding of the nature of fire and fire spread.
- Gain a better understanding of the different types of fire signs and what each type of sign means.
- You will learn about the proactive and reactive duties and responsibilities of a Fire Warden to be able to conduct the role effectively.
- Be able to identify when it is appropriate to fight fires and gain an understanding of the different types of fire extinguisher and what types of fire they should be used on.
At then end of this course you will be required to complete a multiple choice assessment based on the information provided and what you have learned.
You will need to pass the assessment within this course to ensure successful completion. The pass mark is 80%
You will have a maximum of 3 attempts to reach the required pass mark. You can revisit the course content if you need to before attempting the assessment again.
Once the assessment has been passed, you will be issued with a certificate.
The certificate will be issued by Inspire International UK Ltd, the UK’s leading health and safety management company focusing on vehicle workshop safety. The certificate will clearly show your name; your company name; name of course taken; pass percentage; expiry date and any applicable course accreditation marks.