Emergency Procedures & Reporting Accidents, Incidents and Near Misses
Which job roles is this course for:
This course is for all job roles within a vehicle workshop,
About this course:
This e-learning course looks at workplace emergency procedures and the importance of reporting accidents and near misses within a vehicle workshop. The module covers what emergency procedures are and considerations that you should have to ensure effective action to reduce consequences during an emergency.
The module explains what accident reporting is, why it is important and what is included within an accident report. This will ensure employees know when and how to complete an accident report and explains how good accident reporting can make the workplace safer.
This e-learning module will cover:
- What is an emergency procedure
- Emergency procedure considerations
- The difference between accidents and near misses
- Accident triangle
- Why we need to report accidents (RIDDOR 2005)
- What information is required when reporting accidents and near misses
- You will gain an understanding of why it is important to have and rehearse emergency procedures and what considerations to have.
- You will learn why accidents and near misses need to be reported correctly, what information is required to comply with the Reporting of Incidents, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR).
At then end of this course you will be required to complete a multiple choice assessment based on the information provided and what you have learned.
You will need to pass the assessment within this course to ensure successful completion. The pass mark is 80%
You will have a maximum of 3 attempts to reach the required pass mark. You can revisit the course content if you need to before attempting the assessment again.
Once the assessment has been passed, you will be issued with a certificate.
The certificate will be issued by Inspire International UK Ltd, the UK’s leading health and safety management company focusing on vehicle workshop safety. The certificate will clearly show your name; your company name; name of course taken; pass percentage; expiry date and any applicable course accreditation marks.